I am in alignment with the Universe. I am meticulous and organized while remaining present and free in my Soul. I am in tune with myself.
September 9th, 2018
Welcome to a month of alignment and refinement! The first major event of the month is the New Moon in Virgo on the 9th, naturally ‘aligning’ with the same day that Venus enters Scorpio for the following 5 weeks. This means that the great planet of relationships, Venus, will be dancing through our shadows, stirring up our emotions, revealing our hidden desires, and invoking a creative way of loving one another on a personal, platonic, and community level. Love is the basis for all relationships and most importantly, it is the basis for the relationship we have with ourselves. Coupled with a New Moon in Virgo, this is the perfect day to take stock, reorganize, and redefine our intentions for love and personal growth on all planes - mind, body, and spirit.
With this ritual celebrating both the transit of Venus and the New Moon in Virgo, we are awakening a creative, grounded, and clarifying sense of intention and imagination for the life of our dreams. Start by getting all your materials (listed below) together and setting up your space for creativity to flow freely - whatever that means to you! Play music, an inspirational podcast, and if you have some, light incense or a candle to set the mood right.
- ‘Mat Mist’ Spray
- ‘Crystal Bar’ Soap
- A glass of water or reusable water bottle with a circle base
- Something to draw with
- 8.5 x 11 printer paper
- A surface to draw on
- Cleanse your hands with your ‘Crystal Bar’ Soap.
- Spray a bit of your ‘Mat Mist’ either just in your space or on your yoga mat to start off with some intuitive movement, if you have a home practice your familiar with and feel safe doing on your own.
- Lay out your paper and fold it diagonally from the top left corner to make a triangle and then fold the bottom flap up.
- Cut or tear the bottom flap off, write one thing you want to let go of this month, and set it to the side. You will need it again at the Full Moon two weeks from now.
- Reopen the triangle to make the paper a perfect square.
- Trace your your circular cup with your drawing utensil in the middle of your paper and in the circle, write an intention for this New Moon.
- Then begin to draw another circle to the right and then to the left, so that both of those circles touch in the middle of the first one.
- Do the same above and below, continuing to trace the circles in anyway that looks interesting and inspiring to you - you are crafting your own “Flower of Life”
- Once you’ve finished your drawing, write a word in each of the circles that contributes to your original intention and meditate on how they are all connected.
- Fill your cup with drinking water and place your shungite inside, close your eyes and meditate on your intention.
- When your ready, open your eyes, drink the water, imagining you are drinking in your intention in and watering your roots with it on this Earthy New Moon in Virgo.
Virgo is ruled by the element of Earth and she is most known for her meticulous, careful, and motherly energy. When you’ve completed this ritual, continue to go through your day noticing how all of the attention you gave to the details that make up your intention exist in your daily life. Maybe even take a little journal with you everywhere you go today and write down the moments you notice you intentions in action.
Remember your grace, your imagination, your ability to creativity solve any issue in your life with attention to detail. All of your magic is in the moments in between, use this ritual as an opportunity to recognize that within yourself! When aligned in this way, your heart, AKA your intention center - the space where you body, mind, and spirit meet - will always know the way.
September 25th, 2018
This Full Moon will be a strong culminating moment, inspiring a fire in our hearts to keep trailblazing forward with our intentions, rooted in the grace, power, compassionate love, devotion, and connection... for the benefit of all beings everywhere. We will begin with some movement to align the physical body, meditation to center the mind, and intentions to awaken the spirit.
Think of this as the formula for personal and collective alignment with our lives and hopefully, each other.
- Your yoga sequence by featured teacher: Amber Shumake
- ‘I Love Gurus’ Yoga Strap
- ‘Gypsy Soul Organics’ Solid Moon Perfume
- Selenite Wand
- A lighter or matches
- Your slip of paper from the New Moon
- A safe place to dispose burnt paper/ashes
- Set up your computer or TV screen to play your yoga sequence video.
- Lay out a towel or a yoga mat and place your strap (any any other props you may want to use) nearby.
- Apply your Solid Moon Perfume on your temples and Throat Chakra - the space of truth.
- Pull out your slip of paper (from the New Moon ritual) with what you’re letting go of this month and have your safe space to burn this paper nearby, also.
- Set everything aside, hit play on your sequence, and practice physical ALIGNMENT by the guidance of Yoga Teacher - Amber Shumake.
- Once your practice is complete, take your selenite wand into your right hand, close your eyes and imagine anything you’d like to cut away.
- Whenever you have a clear image in your mind, make a sweeping motion with your right hand, cutting away those images with the cleansing energy of the selenite wand.
- Do this as many times as you need to feel the cord of whatever your choosing to let go of being energetically cut away.
- Take your slip of paper and write what you would like to bring in to replace that which you’ve already chosen to let go of, right underneath it.
- Safely light the slip of paper, watching it as it burns away in your metal container or outdoors.
- Keep staring at the flame that comes off your paper, like a meditation, breathing steadily and letting the fire fuel what you are calling in while you see the ashes as representative of that which you are letting fall away.
Aries is ruled by the element of fire, and is especially known for her ability to manifest anything her heart desires. Sometimes things fall apart so better things can fall together. Sometimes we have to let go of something in order for something so much better to grow in its place. And, sometimes we really just have to trust our creative process and let the magic happen. Even if you don’t consider yourself a creative person, everyday you are CREATING your life! So let this ritual be a reminder of that - aligning you physically through the Yoga Asanas (poses), mentally through meditation, and Spiritually through the process of intention setting and releasing. Throughout it all, everyday and THIS Full Moon in Aries especially, celebrate yourself, your will power, your strength to amplify any intention you so choose! All you have to do to tap into that well of creative energy is ALIGN yourself with yourself and trust the process. Everything is unfolding exactly as it is meant to.
Thank you for choosing to be a part of
our MoonBox Community!
We appreciate any and all feedback you have to offer. We encourage community and connection, because together we grow and together we heal. Don't forget to share your experience on social media using the hashtag #MoonBox.
Love & Light,
The MoonBox Team
Om Mani Padme Hum - Praise the jewel in the lotus.