New Moon in Gemini Ritual
DISCLAIMER: this ritual involves burning paper and a dry item from nature of your choice. Please make sure there is adult supervision present if under 18 and to only light objects on a non-flammable surface.
Gemini New Moons are a fresh and airy opening into joy, laughter, and spirited flirtation with life. Known for their curiosity and willingness to explore new things, Gemini energy can also carry a slight fear of depth. For this reason, we’ve themed this month’s MoonBox Experience DISCOVER. In discovery there is a need for mastery and practice in order to fully reap the benefits of whatever it is you are setting off to learn, do, or be. And, the most fascinating of discoveries are found through the journey within. This particular New Moon is the perfect opportunity to wipe away any doubts or fears and awaken a desire to realign and redefine your relationship with yourself. Gemini’s downside can be over generalization, becoming interested in many subjects but lacking the depth and knowledge that can only come from studious commitment. With this in mind, begin your ritual with snap and laser like focus so not to waste any energy on wandering thoughts… where your attention goes, your energy flows.
- Your Lunar Cycle Tapestry
- Your Crystals
- Your Sage Wand
- Matches or a lighter
- A fallen leaf or another dry item from nature
- Pen and paper
- Metal tin or bowl to safely burn your intention in
- A comfortable seat (cushion, block or bolster)
- Spark a flame to your sage wand and gently blow on the wand to release cleansing smoke.
- Channeling the element of air to wipe away and stale energy in your space, methodically move from the North, to the East, South, and West corners and around any tight spaces where energy can get trapped.
- Once this process is complete, find your altar space and meditative seat nearby.
- Check in with the Lunar Cycle Tapestry and place your crystals in any order on the New Moon and two other dates you’d like to highlight as (check in days) for your intention over the course of the next 6 months.
- Get crystal clear on what you want to dive into and explore over the coming half-year.
- Write it down with your pen and paper. Keep it short and sweet and memorable.
- Hold your fallen leaf or other nature item between your palms and close your eyes.
- Bring your hands to your heart.
- Visualize yourself going through the process of transformation, education, and evolution as you commit yourself to fully dive in with no inhibitions.
- When you’re 100% sure of what you are sparking into your life, place the paper and the nature item in the bowl, safely setting it aflame to burn up into the universe, in your metal tin or bowl.
- Once it’s completely released into the air and all the sparks and crackles of the burning process has died down, close your eyes again and breathe into your intention - see it happening in real time. Repeat this mini visualization meditation anytime you need a reminder to continue this journey of self study.
Governed by the fast paced planet of communication - Mercury and the element of Air sometimes it can be hard to keep up with all the directions Gemini New Moons want to take us so do your best to take your time. Don’t get ahead of yourself. This is why we practice ritual, to slow down and methodically dedicate ourselves to our intention fully for the next 6 months. When the Full Moon in Gemini arrives around this time, we will see how far we have taken our journey of choice and perhaps be a whole new person on the other end of this experience. Air is the element that pushes the tides of our waters, directing the course of change. Ride it, don’t fight it.
Full Moon in Capricorn Ritual
A Full Moon is a moment of celebration, release, expression and integration of the last time the moon was new under this zodiac sign 6 months prior. When in Capricorn, there is a degree of seriousness in the background. Capricorn energy is grounded, connected to Earth, rooted in tradition and practice, as well as unstoppable. Represented by the steadfast mountain/water goat, Capricorn and climb any terrain relentlessly. Tonight, observe how far you’ve come over the last half-year if your life. Where have you persevered? What have you dedicated yourself to? How has it changed between when you started and where you are now? If there were roadblocks (which there are always bound to be) how can you shed or remove them to clear the pathway ahead? When you’ve answers this questions in your head or in your journal, find a place to tend to your roots - your hands and feet that have carried you this far, they (aka YOU) deserve it!
- ‘Entyze’ Nail Cuticle Serum
- ‘Mina Mystic’ Smudging Tonic Spray
- A container filled with hot water to soak your hands and/or feet in
- Any type of salt (use himalayan or epsom for best results!)
- ‘Soapy Layne’ Summer Body Oil
- Fill container with hot water, pour in desired amount of salt.
- Spritz over the water with your Smudging Tonic Spray and breathe in essential oils used in this blend. All three are known for their calming, grounding, and rebalancing properties.
- Place your hands or feet (or both, alternating halfway through) into the water.
- Sit as long as feels good, close the eyes, and imagine breathing in through the crown of your head and out through your hands and feet.
- Continue this pranayama (breathwork) until you feel fully connected to the journey this hands and feel carry you through all life long.
- Send gratitude to your your whole body. Scan through each organ, tissue, bone, and muscle and thank it, connecting more fully to the element of Earth which makes you.
- Whenever you feel complete in this process, reopen the eyes and remove yourself from the water.
- Dry off your hands and feet and begin to apply your Cuticle Repair Serum to your hands and feet.
- Finally, take your shimmering summer body oil and begin to apply anywhere that you feel needs a little extra sparkle and shine!
As you wrap up this self-care ritual, remember that while on any journey there is always a need to push forward, there is also an equal need to restore, recharge, and rest so that you can continue walking your path with ease, beauty, and grace. Allow this process of reflection and discovery about how far you’ve come help inform your next steps. One step forward, one step to check in with how you are doing. The shadow side of Capricorn energy can be seriousness, so whatever you do, do it with a smile on your face! It’ll light the whole experience up, we promise!
Mariah K. Lyons is a Reiki Master Healer, Meditation Guide, Crystal Healer, and Founder of the luxury grounding and crystal healing footwear brand ASTARA. Having been immersed in elite mind/body trainings her whole life, she works intuitively and blends her extensive trainings in Usui Reiki, Ashtanga and Vinyasa Yoga, Buddhist Zen and Mindfulness Meditation, Crystal Healing, Tantra and Kundalini Breathwork and Holistic Nutrition Consulting into customized sessions for her clients and classes. Mariah has studied and trained with master teachers, healers and instructors from all over the world, as well as having taught and led classes for world renowned brands and celebrity clientele. Mariah believes in the Wise Woman tradition, knowing that everything is intrinsically connected and works to find the balance and synergy between mind, body and spirit.
Mariah has taught classes, workshops and created media partnerships with Soho House, Nike, Dreamworks, Comcast, Carbon38, NBC Universal, W Hotels, Hello Giggles, Beaming!, The NOW, DashRadio and RackedLA among others. She teaches ongoing weekly classes in Los Angeles at The Den Meditation. Her traditional trainings pair with her modern approach and sensibilities and pave the way for her relatable teaching style and heart healing techniques.
Thank you for choosing to be a part of
our MoonBox Community!
We appreciate any and all feedback you have to offer. We encourage community and connection, because together we grow and together we heal. Don't forget to share your experience on social media using the hashtag #MoonBox.
Love & Light,
The MoonBox Team
Om Mani Padme Hum - Praise the jewel in the lotus.